Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 85 - Progress in the Zone

Hey Guys!

Got a couple of things to write about this week.

1) Changes

The zone had changes this week, and many of our best elders had to leave. In turn, the zone is going to receive replacement 4 elders who have had companionship problems or disobedience problems. We're trying to see if the zone can have at least 13, but we also want the elders to get along. We don't need elders breaking out into fights right now.

2) I was sent to Esperanza after a long period of disobedience from missionaries. I came like a shock to the ward: Missionaries no longer stay in members' houses chatting for about 3-4 hours, missionaries don’t go watch movies, etc. The bishopric LOVED that- but there were many members who enjoyed the disobedience, too. In my mission, I have suffered persecution of many kinds, but the worst kind comes from the members. It is NOT fun to have to live in a place where the people don't like you because you want to be righteous. But I dare to stand alone. I have done it before, and I will do it as long as I have to.

Never let your faith in Christ be shaken because of things that people do or the way that they treat you. Always remember that God's love is always available for you, and if you really want it, you can get to a point where you feel His love- real and tangible- every single day. How much do you want to know Him?

-- 
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment