Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 74 - New Fake Tooth!



Hey Guys!

It's been a very interesting week. I spent most of it in the capital with my good friends the Assistants. The new assistant as of this change is Elder Carter, a guy from my group and maybe one of my best friends in the mission, so it was great to go up and have divisions with the assistants.

In the concilio, they changed the mission standard completely! Now we have a number for every single key indicator. That's good, because it helps us focus our efforts a lot more on the members and how we can help them instead of only finding and working through our own efforts. Other than that, we've been working on developing a better relationship with a rowdy district leader, and my fake tooth fell out.

For those of you who remember, when I was about 11 (I think) I was running in the Lehi pool, and I slipped and fell. I large piece of one of my teeth broke off, but i didn't feel anything. I got back up, and thought, "That's why they don’t want us to run" so I walked a little slower. Then the lifeguard stopped me and shouted something to me (I don’t remember what). For some reason, I looked down, and saw myself dripping with blood. SO they rushed me to my mom, who got me rushed to a dentist, who I'm pretty sure was related to us in some way or other. The next thing I remember was that they found the other piece of my tooth, put it in milk to keep it alive and then rushed me to the dentist to fix it up. I was scared, but they got the fake tooth put in without a problem.

#GOING 8 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE

I was with my companion taking dats from the zone and eating a baleada. (That’s a classic HondureƱan food, basically eggs, beans and cream in a handmade flour tortilla) The tortilla was a little stale, so I had to bite into it a little harder than normal. As I ate my baleada, I realized that the front of my mouth felt a little strange. Very quickly, I realized that one of my teeth had disappeared. :O So I pull the other piece of the tooth out of my mouth and shout to my companion, "Hey, my tooth fell out!" He looks at me, sees my smile, and just starts laughing. I go to put my tooth in milk again, but it slips out of my hand. 

Time slows down.

I see my tooth fall to the tile floor very slowly, and before I can reach out to grab it, it hits the floor and shatters into a bazillion tiny little pieces.

Needless to say, I was pretty frustrated.

I had to lead the zone meeting the next morning, and I did it without a tooth. The funny thing is that all the elders noticed really fast that I had lost one of my teeth, but the hermanas didn’t realize until AFTER we had finished the zone meeting.

This morning, we got a provisionary replacement, while I'm waiting for the next change. President basically assured me that when February rolls around, I'll be heading into the capital.

That was my week.

Did you guys set your New Years resolutions?

My New Years resolution is a scripture. Leviticus 11:44 says: "For I am the Lord thy God: therefore sanctify yourselves, for ye shall be holy, even as I am holy;" I don’t have too much time unit I’m back in the states, but I'm going to make my last months the holiest and most sacred months of all my mission.

Love you guys! 

-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment