Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week Two

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

So for the past two weeks, I’ve been assigned as district leader over a group of 12 missionaries, right? That will change soon because the district leader usual changes every two weeks. 

I have an interesting story to share.  This week I noticed that the Hermanas in my district were having somewhat of a difficult time staying together. Added to this problem was the fact that a rather unfocused elder from the other branch would go out of his way to try flirt with one of the Hermanas in our district. Missionaries aren’t supposed to flirt; we´re out here to serve the Lord and to serve his children. So I had to report that and get it all sorted out. Other than that, nothing negative has happened.

Guatemala is going through somewhat of a political upheaval right now, during the elections. They´re choosing two candidates to move on to the final elections, and there are billboards everywhere and ads for each candidate. We were supposed to go to the central market today, but due to riots, it’s not safe enough for us anymore, which is fairly disappointing. 

Now that it’s our 3rd week in the CCM, we have been officially denied the privilege of speaking English. My Spanish is still pretty rough, and there’s a lot more I have to learn. I find myself understanding more and more every day, and I hope that I can continue to learn as best as I can. One of my favorite parts of P-day is visiting the temple. It’s so beautiful here, and there are plants everywhere, even though we’re in the middle of a city. I can’t send anything bigger than a letter back right now, but once I get out into the field I’ll send some stuff home. There’s been a bit of a bug going around the CCM, and a couple guys caught it. I’ve had a bit of a cough, but it hasn’t been too bad. 

I hope you guys are doing well! Please keep writing me! I love you all!!!!!

PS. I found this wonderful thing in the bible dictionary called the Harmony of the Gospels, where it basically lists out Jesus´ ministry on earth in chronological order. So that’s fun.

PPS. Scorpion, through tie trading, I have managed to get ahold of a tie as bright as the neon green long-sleeve shirt you have.

-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment