Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 10


Hola Familia y Amigos!!!

This week was pretty difficult on us. The good news is that Mario and Eva were baptized on Saturday! That was really cool. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I don’t have any pictures. That might have been a good thing that I forgot my camera, though, because while we were taking pictures, someone stole our recent convert's phone (not Mario or Eva's phone, a different convert). That was kind of annoying, especially because this convert is living with his wife and kid in their cousin's house. We're doing all we can to help them find a house and more stable work, but being missionaries, there’s really not much we can do.

We have a resident cat that keeps trying to eat our garbage and makes a mess of things everywhere, so that’s also kind of weird. 

A funny little bit about Elder Franco- I don’t know if I told you this already, but with his other companion, they were accustomed to eating pizza and food from a Chinese restaurant (of all places, a Chinese restaurant in Guatemala?) and then they would run out of money and starve for three days. This almost happened to us this last month, so today I am forcing him to come with me to a dispensa (store) and buy real food.

This week, also, we had an odd experience teaching one of our investigators. He had been acting different than he usually does during the lesson, and eventually, he said he didn’t want to learn anymore, and he felt like we were wasting our time. That was pretty disheartening, but we had the baptism the next day, so it’s OK.

I love you guys! Thank you for all the support!!! See you soon!
--
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment