Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 17 - Zacapa

Hey guys!

How are you all? I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As for me... well, for the first time, I got pretty sick on the mission, and I was bedridden the whole day. This is actually one of the most horrible experiences I've had on the mission, because as you're stuck in bed, all you can think of is the people out there who you're not helping at the moment. NOT fun...

December is right around the corner, and so are cambios! To be honest, I need a change around here. My companion is feeling pretty burnt out after 6 months in the same area. I also finish my missionary training this upcoming week. Exciting, but also a little scary. I have no idea what's going to happen this next week, whether I'm staying, or going to another area, or what.

Also, our contract on the house expired and we haven't finished moving out yet, but our landlady gave us another 5 days to move out. That was nice of her.

At this point in my mission, I'm starting to miss home a little bit more than I usually do. It might be because of the difficulty we're having with the people. For the past couple days I've had my 3 favorite choir songs stuck in my head {O Magnum Mysterium, A Spotless Rose, and Stars} Also, quick shutout to TJ, I miss your laugh!

I've been focusing a lot on self-improvement and becoming better this week, and there’s a couple things that I'd like to share with you guys.

1. Never ever forget that no matter where you are, or how you feel, you are important to God. He is ten thousand times more interested in you than you are in yourself.

2. Never ever forget that no matter where you are, or how you feel, you are important to me. I think about you guys at home every day, or in college, or wherever you may be, and I pray for you. I've never been more thankful in my life for all the blessings I've had than I am now, and I know that I was so lucky to be able to share a year with all you guys at MV last year, and to be able to share my lifetime with my friends.

3. When times are hard, don't ever get burnt out or lose focus. You are worth so much more than that. Every single one of you has the potential to do great things, even if you can't see your way forward right now. You may never see the results of your efforts, but you changed for the better through your efforts, and that's all that matters.
I love you guys! Also, I got the package that you sent me, Family! Gracias!

Elder Reed

--

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment