Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 26

Hey Everybody!

The área here in Zacapa has almost no investigators right now, which is a bit of a challenge for Elder Flores and I. After the baptism and after Elder Franco left, it was kind of like... "Now what?" So Elder Flores and I got to work, looking literally everywhere for people who are interested. Pray for us in the work, and pray for the people here!

The heat's starting back up again. Zacapa, in all the time I've been here, has never dipped below 20 degrees Celsius (68 F). This March and April, it's supposed to get up to about 40 degrees Celsius (104 F). I haven't exactly adjusted to the full-on heat yet, and our house doesn't have an air conditioner, so I just might die this next couple of changes.

This upcoming week is interesting: We have to go to Guatemala City so Elder Flores can sign his VISA, then we go to Puerto Barrios on Thursday for a Trainer's Reunión. There's a lot to do, and not very much time to do it.

There are times when the misión work is harder than other. You might feel like your companion is one of the coolest people you've ever met, or you might feel like you're becoming the best missionary you've ever seen, but then at every corner you turn, you find another "no." This is one of those points in the misión field where it takes all the creativity you have, especially if you're a newer Elder teaching another Elder how to be an Elder. This week I complete 6 months in the field. Time has gone by WAY too fast.

I don't have too much other time to write, but enjoy my photos, and know that I'm always thinking about you and praying for you! I love you all!


-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed




No comments:

Post a Comment