Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 34

Hey Guys!

 Right now, I'm talking with Jacob, and he asked me a couple questions that I want to answer.

>Jacob: What does the Gospel mean to you?
> Elder Reed: Everything. That's not just something casual. There is nothing- Nothing- more important than this Gospel. My Savior, Lord, and King died for me more than two thousand years ago, and though I have never seen his face or touched the prints in his hands, my heart has felt his touch, and I know more than I ever knew now. Because of Him, I can repent, and because of the Restoration of the Gospel, I know How to repent. I have found new life in Him.

> Jacob: How would you best describe the Spirit of those who give something they love for the God they love even more?
> Elder Reed: In the words of Dieter F. Uchtdorf (paraphrased) "There will be times when we must sacrifice good things for things that are better, or even excellent." I had never known what it means to give up something that means so much to me before the mission. I don't know how i would describe the spirit of a missionary who left everything behind for God, but i do know this: I love my family more here than I ever did when I had them in front of me. Every single of you guys, my little brothers and sisters, and my older sister, and my mom, and my dad, are more than my family. They are more than my friends. Words cannot describe the love I feel, or the love I have learned to feel for you. You mean everything to me. Never lose sight of what is important.

> Jacob: Have you any experiences for sharing?
> Elder Reed: Sir Jacob, at this point in time, I do not believe I have any experiences for sharing, but I wouldst like to share a thought. The thought is this: The strongest spirit depends the most on his Savior. I am nothing- I was never anything- except it was for the blessings which my God has given me.

I love you all! Thank you for writing me Jacob!

--
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment