Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 40 - Elder Alvarado

Hey Guys!

I'm gonna tell you guys a story. It is a sad story.

Before I got to the Roble, Elder Alvarado had a lot of problems with his back and knee. He had almost been sent home for being too unhealthy to work, but he told President he was going to endure the pain the last 6 weeks of his mission. The last time I wrote you guys a week ago, I was aware of these pains that he was having, but I thought he could bear it. Later that day, as we left to work and were going to a part of our area called Quintanal. About halfway there, he told me he was hurting really bad and needed a little bit of time to rest. I let him sit down on the street for about 5 minutes, and then we continued onward. We had almost gotten to the Quintanal when he asked me if we could stop again. I told him if he didn't have the strength to work this day, we could go back to the house and rest for tomorrow. This was the third day in a row that he struggled with his back pain. I took him back to the house, told him to rest, and tried to encourage him that he could endure the next 4 weeks if he was careful, but he couldn't bear the pain anymore. So he called President and told him what was going on. Then, President told him that they had already talked about what he could do, and they organized their last interview for the next day. We cried for about an hour after that call.

After that, I got a new companion on Wednesday. His name is Elder Roque, and he loves to work. He's also a real goofball. Also, I got to talk to my sister Jodi in Spanish, and the rest of my family in English.

Ill try to bring happier news the next week. Its been a little hard for me out here, but Ill be fine.  The work is good, we are opening an area that has been closed from the missionaries for a long time and we have four people scheduled for baptism this month.

I love all you guys! Keep writing!

--
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment