Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 79 - Goodbye Puerto Barrios, Hello Zona Esperanza

Hey Guys!

That's right: I'm getting shipped out of Puerto Barrios. So I have to say good-bye to my favorite branch, my favorite beach town, the members and converts, the investigators, the house owner, my companion, the iguanas, and all the pit bulls. Honestly, yesterday was rather depressing. I have loved this place a lot. I've also loved the missionaries that have passed through here (even if they can be a little annoying sometimes).

Yesterday, I packed up my things and collapsed on my bed, and didn't sleep until about 1. Then I got up at about 5 in the morning and watched movies from the Church, and woke up my companion in the process. Then we went out to run some last-minute errands and help the hermanas figure out how they were gonna get to the capital. Now I have to wait until about 1:00 in the afternoon, when my seven-hour bus ride starts. We pass by picking up Elder Elkins and Elder Acuña, my two district leaders, and the 3 of us go to the capital.

A couple of minutes ago, President Crapo called me about my new assignment. I'm going to be Zone Leader again, in a zone in the capital called Zona Esperanza. The zone has fallen a little bit in the energy that they have, so I've got to go there and help them get back up on their feet. My new companion is an Elder from Utah named Elder Lott. The last time I saw him, we were in our training in Zacapa, so it will be like being with an old friend. 

I'm expecting to finish my mission in Zona Esperanza. I have 6 months left so now it's time to make every second count.

Other piece of exciting news: RONALD A: RASBAND IS COMING TO THE MISSION THIS SATURDAY!  Bro I've waited literally all my mission time to see an apostle. One finally came!
That's really all I can say. I don't know what else is gonna happen, but I feel at peace and ready to move on into the future.

Love you lots!
-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment