Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 81 - The Show Must Go On

Hey Guys!

Well, this week I'm SICK. :::::::::::::((((((((((((((((((((((((( and so is my companion. 
I've been sicker than a dog since Thursday, but this is game time so I haven't really taken any time to rest. So was my companion, but he hasn't rested either. So yesterday, while we were eating lunch with a member family, Elder Lott just crashed. So I let him rest there a little while before going out. Poor guy. I don't think he's quite as used to working at such a high pace or outputting as much energy as I do. Today we're gonna take a while to go rest so that we have strength for the rest of the week. Honestly, today I woke up and I just felt TIRED. Not sleepy-tired, like normal, but physically drained, like something was just wrong with me. It's not the most painful sickness I've suffered on the mission- if you guys look back in some of the earlier letters, you'll remember when I got Chikingunya. That was a nightmare. It's just annoying because it's slowed me down physically and it's even taken away my voice, which makes trying to sing hymns a rather unpleasant experience.

What's been interesting about this week is that even though we've been so sick, I've seen a lot of blessings. For example, this week after working hard to bring about 7 investigators to sacrament meeting, another girl showed up that we had never ever seen before. When we talked to her, we found out that she had been reading the Book of Mormon my herself and wanted to know more, so we've got the cita to visit her Wednesday.

Well, just an interesting thought as I was studying the scriptures. What do we do if we ever feel tempted? I like seeing the example of what Jesus did. When he as confronted by Satan on the Mount of Temptation, he cited the law. He focused as much as he could on what God had said (de hecho, what HE had said) to resist temptation. If we fill our minds with the ideas of God, we can very easiy cast out temptation, even if we are weak to that particular temptation. So remember, read the Scriptures when you feel tempted.

I have to go now! Love you bye!

-- 
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment