Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 86 - Zona La Esperanza's Performance

Hey Guys!

I'm super tired from this week.

We finished off the month with 10 baptisms. It wasn’t the goal of 15 that we had expected, but it's certainly a major improvement after the last few months.

In November, while I was still in Puerto Barrios, this zone had 6 baptisms.
In December, the zone had 5.
In January, the zone had 1.
In February, I got here and had to do some cleaning. The zone had 2.
In March, we finished up with 10. Now we're planning for April, and expecting great things.

This week was full of challenges and blessings. We spent all week almost in all of the areas, organizing different things, organizing interviews, making interviews, etc. We had 5 people ready to be baptized, but because of many different reasons (some went to the States, others were hospitalized) only 2 people were baptized. Not everything always goes exactly the way that you would expect or want it to, but you can feel good about your work if you know you did absolutely everything you could. We've seen new investigators start to appear out of nowhere, while older investigators have been losing interest. It's all part of the mission work.

I also finished reading the Book of Mormon this last week, too! This is the 3rd time I’ve read it on the mission, and for this last stretch, I'm gonna read it completely in Spanish, which is something I’ve never done before.

How much attention are we giving to our scriptural studies? As a missionary, I can tell you that there are mornings when I get up and I read and learn a ton, and there are other morning where I don't feel very edified. This almost always depends on our personal effort and preparation. Scripture study is a form of worship, and the more energy and focus we put into it, like any other form of worship, the more we get out of it. 

Love you all! Thanks for your prayers and your love! See you soon!
-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment