Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 52 - Answers to Questions

Hey Guys!

How's life? Good? Today I got a couple questions from Scorpion, the living legend, so let's see what he's gotta say.

1. What funny thing has happened to you recently?
I don't know if you guys heard about the whole end of the world thing, but supposedly the end of the world was gonna happen July 29th. My companion and I have been laughing about that all week.

2. What disappointing thing has happened to you recently?
We invited a lot of people to be baptized this week, but no one accepted. That was fairly disappointing.

3. Did you ever see Hermana Bertha on the mission before she went home? Where was it and how did it feel to see someone from home?
I saw Hermana Bertha one time, early on in my mission. i don't remember if i was still in my training (I think so, because I remember that she commented on my Spanish) but it was pretty cool to see someone from home. We never really talked too much before the mission, but it was cool to find someone who knows where I come from.

4. What is your favorite thing to eat these days?
I eat anything and everything. I don't care if it's cow stomach or pig face, I'll eat it, and I'll think it tasted good. (I've eaten both while I've been here) 
If it's edible, I like it. One of my favorite foods is mojarra, which is fried fish (including the head)

5. What is the strangest thing you've eaten on your mission so far?
Food doesn't seem strange to me anymore. I suppose for all you Americans that revolcado would be strange (that is a stew made of pig face, brains, and kidney) but I don't know what else would be strange.

6. What are the members like in your area? Are they helping with the work? Have any of them adopted you?
Well, there's the Casasola Family. They give us a LOT of food, but it's not like they adopted us, it’s more like having a good friend. The members are pretty cool, and they don't help too much, but whatever they can do, they do it.

7. Are there any interesting historical places in your area? If so, what is it and why is it famous?
There are no famous historical sites in my area. There is Barrio Quintanal and the Joya, which are famous for being MS territory (a gang).

8. What do you hear about the Olympics in Guatemala? DO they send athletes and are they excited to watch?
The Olympics are this year???? I haven't heard anything...

I hope that gives you a couple of insights into my current life. Gotta go right now, but I'll try to include a more spiritual thought the next week! LUVYUBAI
-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment