Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 56 - Puerto Barrios






Hey Guys!

So... I got my changes! Tuesday morning, I was anxious to find out where I was going, so as soon as we got to the stake center where we have the change meeting, I asked Elder Larsen, one of my buddies who is the Assistant to the President where I was going. So he told me, "You're going to train again... ...and you're going to Puerto Barrios... ...as a Zone Leader."

Literally, the most surprising change ever.

Puerto Barrios is a beach city with a TON of Caribbean influence. It took about 9 hours in bus to get from the capital out here, but it's super cool. It's hot, humid, and you're CONSTANTLY sweating. I have a coconut tree in the front yard again, and the house is one of the nicest houses I've lived in on my mission. There's a LOT of salsa music, Dominican culture, good food, etc. I look around, and I imagine that this is what my dad's mission looked like when he was in the Dominican Republic.

My companions are... Elder Santos and Elder Elkins! Elder Santos is a guanaco (that means he's from El Salvador) that I've known basically all my mission- I never thought I would be companions with him. He's a super hard worker, and he has 3 loves in life: peanut butter, Pop Tarts, and Eggo Waffles. And Elder Elkins is a gringo straight from the factory (Utah) who's got a big heart and a strong desire to serve the Lord- we're gonna be fine out here. We're working super hard and talking to everyone about the Gospel. 

I'm gonna be happy here. I'm gonna be very happy here. I've got a meeting in the Capital this week, so I won't be able to work very much in the area today. I've never been so pumped to get out and work and just DO IT! I can't explain it well, but it's like a super energy to work, to help, to play, to do everything that's part of being a missionary!!!
Alma 27:17-18

ALL of Alma 26 for all you good Scripture studiers

loving life😎

-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment