Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week 55 - Mystery Changes

Hey Guys!

Well, we had changes this week, and I have changes! I still have no idea where i'm going or who will be my companion or what my assignment will be, so I'm actually pretty sad. I liked this area, and the people that I met are sincere followers of Christ. I have many good friends and people I have met here, so it’s pretty sad to leave them. I wasn't able to say good-bye to all the people in the Academy either.

The funny thing about this mission is that we don't find out ANYTHING about where we're going. It's literally like the army, where they can call you wherever you want and say, "You're needed in another place. Pack up your bags, finish pay the rent, pay the light and water bill, regulate all your personal affairs, because tomorrow the taxi comes to pick you up. Don't leave anything undone, because you're never coming back." And there's nothing you can say or do about it. you just follow instructions, hoping the future has good things in store for you, But I know better than get down about it, because "whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." (Ether 12:4)

Well, I wish I could say more, but I'm still in the dark as to what's in my future. I'm going one step at a time. 

Love you guys! Keep writing! 

-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment