Thursday, June 16, 2016

Week 45 - Almost Mugged + Pic

Hey Guys!

This week was an interesting week.

On my way to find a reference, in divisions, we entered MS territory (MS is a local gang here, Mara Salvatrucha) and we found the house. Across the street there was a group of about 10 guys, and one of them wearing a purple shirt was staring me down. In that situation, it's best to not look at them, not say anything, and keep doing whatever you're doing, (I was on divisions with a member when this happened) The member who I was with, Bryan, started at them a moment, then said, "Buenas tardes". At that moment, I knew we were gonna have trouble. The guy in the purple shirt said, "Hey. Those guys aren't gonna accept you. Why don't you guys run along?"

So I told him, "I got a appointment here, man."

Then they all surrounded us, and at that point, we decided it was better to leave than put ourselves at risk, so we left.

Other than that, we've been doing pretty well here. My companion is still adjusting to the mission rules, but we're working together to help him get along. Before the mission, he spent a LOT of time playing video games, and didn’t really interact with people, so his social skills are also something to work on, but he'll get better.

It's been a really refreshing week for me. during many lessons, i was able to feel the Spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of the message I share to the people, and this always makes me feel better. In this life, there are MANY MANY doubts and problems, but the counsel of our leaders in the Church right now is, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." That is one of the smartest and most useful pieces of advice that I have ever received. Even though it seems cliche, the word of God has the power to heal ever hurt in your life. All things that are unjust or wrong with the world can be made right because of our Lord and Savior. SO turn to the word of God when you have doubts. Ask God with a sincere heart. Let him know how you feel. He can heal you, and he will drive all the darkness and pain from your mind.

--
Elder Jeffrey Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment