Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 46 - Well, This Week They Threw Tomatoes At Me, jajaja

Hey Guys!

This week's been an interesting one.

To start off, I haven't written very much about my new companion. His name is Elder Villar, and he is from Peru. It's a very odd companionship, because the guy didn't do ANYTHING before the mission. He played internet videogames 10 hours a day (I'm not exactly sure how a person can sit in front of a computer for 10 fricking hours, but he did), and he's VERY sarcastic, so sometimes it's difficult, but we're learning to get along better.

This week, we had divisions, and I went with Elder Edwards. When we went to San Antonio, the more dangerous part of the area where I was almost mugged, we were going to a cita and some delinquents passed us. I heard something go by my head, and then the kids started running away from us. We found out why: They had thrown a bunch of tomatoes at us. Luckily, not one of them exploded.

Other than that, it wasn't too eventful. The work was a little bit more difficult this week, But Elel is getting baptized next week! I'll have a few photos and things to share that day. And a spiritual thought: I love the quote from Jeffrey R. Holland: "You can have what you want, or you can have something better." And I think about how true that is. In this life, there are many things that distract us, or that appear attractive. Many of these things, in reality, can keep us away from what matters most, but many times, if we are willing to wait, to be patient, and to follow the commandments, there is something better waiting for us.

I love you guys! Thank you for all the support! Keep writing!

-- 

Elder Jeffrey Reed



No comments:

Post a Comment